Tara Niebling named 32 Under 32 finalist
Exponent account supervisor Tara Niebling was recently named to the finalist list for the 32 Under 32 Awards, which honor the Twin Cities' best young talent in the marketing, advertising and public relations industries. Tara has deep experience in high-profile media relations, crisis communications, creative writing and public speaking. Prior to joining Exponent, she worked at Fast Horse and was also a key member of the Mall of America's communications team.
Three other 32 Under 32 finalists were selected from Exponent's partner agencies, Colle+McVoy and 10 Thousand Design. We asked all to share their top tips and secrets to success in this wild and crazy industry. Read on: http://bit.ly/2pX8s3T
Exponent & Colle+McVoy win Best of Show, lead first place wins at National NAMA Awards
Exponent PR was honored with a Best of Show, PR Award at the 2016 National Best of NAMA Awards in Dallas, TX, sponsored by the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA). The agency and its advertising partner, Colle+McVoy, also took home eleven first-place awards in multiple categories, more than any other agency nominated. Award-winning work included tactics and campaigns for WinField United, Farm Credit Mid-America, DuPont Crop Protection, Land O’Lakes, Forage Genetics International and Purina Equine.
Exponent won Best of Show in the public relations category for its work launching WinField United’s Crop Adventure at Fair Oaks Farms. The first marketing-led effort of its kind, the interactive, technology-driven museum aimed to initiate an honest discussion with kids and their families about the daunting task of feeding a growing global population.
Exponent and Colle+McVoy’s first-place clients and categories included:
- Specialty Campaign Elements – Single or Series: Land O’Lakes, Purina Equine, “Hold Your Horses TV Spot”
- Company or Producer-Funded Public Relations Campaign Element: Land O’Lakes, “Land O’Lakes Helps Farmers Grow More, Live Better”
- Overall PR Program – Directed to Farmers, Growers, Ranchers or Others Serving Agribusiness: DuPont Crop Protection, “Feeding the World Farmer by Farmer, Acre by Acre”
- Media Relations: WinField United, “Leveraging Experts and Experiences for Media Relations Success”
- Events – Customer: Farm Credit Mid-America, “The Economics of Change Insights Conference”
- Events – Media: WinField United, “WinField United Unveils the Museum of Modern Agriculture”
- Interactive Marketing Tools: DuPont Crop Protection, “Expanded DuPont Texting Program”
- Billboards or Other Outdoor Ads: Forage Genetics International, “Raise Your Standards Graphic”
- Customer Brochures, Catalogs, Farmer Directed – 1 or More Elements: WinField United, “2016 Answer Plot Insights Brochure”
- Direct Mail – Directed to Farmers, Growers and Ranchers – Flat: WinField United, “2016 National Answer Plot Grower Invite”
- Spreads – Series: WinField United, “WinField Brand Brings it all Together Through Print Campaign”
Exponent and Colle+McVoy’s merit clients and categories include:
- Company or Producer-Funded Advertising Campaign, Directed to Consumers: DuPont Biosciences, “Reforming Energy Campaign”
- Company or Producer-Funded Advertising Campaign Element, Directed to Consumers: WinField United, “’What If?’ Animated Video – WinField Crop Adventure”
- News Release to Ag Media: WinField United, “Bringing the Cloud to the Farm”
- Advertorials: WinField United, “WinField United Portfolio Advertorial Series – Driving Data to Insights Story
NAMA serves the food and fiber industry, focusing on members’ professional development by providing access to solutions and opportunities in agribusiness. Each year, Best of NAMA honors excellence in agricultural communications. Companies and agencies must first qualify through regional competitions to advance to the national level.
Exponent honored at MN PRSA Classics Awards
Exponent PR was honored with six awards last night at the 38th annual Minnesota Public Relations Society of America Classics Awards, including several honors for its agriculture clients and an Industry Campaign of the Year Award for work on behalf of the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation. Sponsored by the Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), the awards celebrate the state’s best public relations work from the previous year.
“This recognition is a tribute to our remarkable client partners,” said Tom Lindell, managing director, Exponent PR. “Collaborative clients, mixed with modern thinking and creativity, drive strong business results.”
Exponent was awarded for work in the following categories:
- Special Purpose Publications: Big Data Comes in Small Packages for WinField United
- Multimedia: Tuning in to Listener Needs: The Deal With Yield for WinField United
- Annual Reports, Agency/Organization (Corporate, Government, Nonprofit) with > 25 Employees: Sustaining Lives Through Partnership and Passion for Progressive Agriculture Foundation
- Creative PR Campaign: Building a Bridge to Modern Agriculture for WinField United
- Integrated Communications (Government/Nonprofit): Swim United: With Liberty and Flip Turns for All for USA Swimming
- Industry Campaign of the Year, Nonprofit: Bringing Families Together Through Memorable Boating and Fishing Experiences for Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation
Minnesota PRSA is the tenth-largest chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals with nearly 32,000 professional and student members. Minnesota PRSA comprises more than 400 members who represent business and industry, counseling firms, independent practitioners, military, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations.
Exponent shortlisted in 2017 SABRE Awards
Exponent PR is shortlisted for two Gold North America SABRE Awards, which recognize superior achievement in branding reputation and engagement. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony in New York on May 2.
Exponent is shortlisted for its “With Liberty and Flip Turns for All” program for USA Swimming in the Associations category and for its “Keeping a Hot Decor Brand Ahead of the Cultural Curve” work for Blu Dot in the Home and Furniture category.
The 2017 North America SABRE Awards provide the premier showcase for the best that public relations has to offer. The shortlist includes around 300 campaigns, selected from among more than 2,000 entries in this year's competition. The campaigns were evaluated by a jury of more than 40 industry leaders.
Exponent named five-time Silver Anvil finalist
Exponent is a five-time finalist for the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) 2016 Silver Anvil Awards, representing the best in strategic and influential public relations programs. With five finalists, Exponent is one of the highest ranked agencies in the country.
Award winners will be announced at PRSA’s 2017 Silver Anvil Awards Ceremony in New York on June 8. Exponent’s finalist entries include:
-Swim United: With Liberty and Flip Turns for all for USA Swimming
-Mom Wins Big with Burritos for El Monterey
-Thinking Beyond Farming for WinField United
-Feeding the World – It Starts with an Acre for DuPont Crop Protection
-Ag Finance and the Era of Content Marketing for Farm Credit Mid-America
Since its inception in 1944, the annual Silver Anvil Award is the oldest awards competition for excellence in public relations and communication. The iconic Silver Anvil Award symbolizes the breadth of talent among industry practitioners while recognizing outstanding individual professional achievement. Entries are judged on their research, planning, execution and evaluation, while also considering factors such as creativity, ethics and budget.